Xencor Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We have a very deep drug development pipeline including five programs currently in clinical testing with three more expected to start clinical testing by 1H2019 and have an excellent opportunity for a Head of Investor Relations & Corporate Communications to join our team. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies that target new biological mechanisms and have the potential to be more potent, safer and longer lasting – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life. In addition to generating a pipeline of novel drug candidates, with eleven in clinical testing by Xencor or our partners, our XmAb® technology has enabled multiple collaborations with leading biopharmaceutical companies including Novartis, Amgen, Morphosys, CSL, Janssen(J&J), Alexion and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
We seek a Head of Investor Relations & Corporate Communications to be responsible for the strategic development, implementation and management of the client’s investors and corporate communications. The role serves as the effective channel of communication between Xencor and all of its external stakeholders, including, pharmaceutical partners, the scientific community, the public, investors, analysts , stakeholders and influencers in the investment community. The position will report to the Vice President, Finance & Accounting and includes regular interaction with the CEO and other executive leaders.
Job Duties include:
• Direct and execute strategies and plans to expand and enhance the company’s communications with external stakeholders, including investors, media, public
• Create and maintain the revision/distribution of external communications content (press releases, earnings releases, conference call scripts, Q&A’s).
• Respond to day-to-day inquiries from investors that are in compliance with applicable SEC rules and regulations.
• Develop and drive a strategic, proactive corporate communications program that enhances corporate visibility, community awareness, media relations and coverage of the company, its programs and progress
• Act as company spokesperson and develop relationships with key media outlets and reporters
• Develop, manage and successfully implement public relations plans that support Xencor corporate functions and overall Xencor corporate priorities
• Develop materials to educate departments of the role of public relations and provide PR training as needed.
• Maintain policies and procedures for communication material development, as well as build and maintain positive, effective relationships with internal functional teams, external media contacts and public relations agencies.
• Actively manage public relations agencies, consultants and vendors that support Xencor initiatives; includes collaborating with and sourcing additional company vendors when appropriate.
• Prepare internal stakeholders with media coaching and cohesive messaging in advance of publicly-attended/viewed forums.
• Guide the strategic focus and compelling content development of investor and corporate communications materials designed to engage stakeholders and shape external perceptions, including key messages, presentations, press releases, scripts for quarterly calls, Q&A documents, annual report, web copy and other disclosure-related documents
• Lead efforts to prepare for and manage the company through investor and communications issues; provide strategic counsel to CEO and other senior executives on such matters
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members on external-facing materials and events, including branded, medical, industry and research meetings and presentations, to ensure consistency with the company’s disclosure and corporate identity; serve as corporate brand ambassador and provide corporate communications recommendations to help achieve company goals
• Effectively lead, develop and collaborate with existing investor relations and communications team members, as well as build effective relationships and collaborate with external agency and colleagues across the organization; identify additional team needs and recruit exceptional talent and/or engage necessary external service providers
• Present to and/or provide materials to senior management and Board of Directors on investor relations and corporate communications strategies, tactics and metrics
• Work with Finance and Legal teams on required SEC filings
• Monitor news sources for competitive information and investment personal changes and identify key Investor Relations opportunities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree is required, Advanced Scientific degree preferred. minimum 8 -10 years of Investor Relations experience for a relevant life sciences organization is required.
• Must have an excellent understanding of the capital markets and rules and regulations of publicly traded companies
• Required experience in and knowledge of biology and the biotechnology industry
• Demonstrated knowledge of complex technology platforms and drug development
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skill set and aptitude for working with the investment community is required.
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills including strong written and oral communication abilities are imperative.
• Strategic thinker with ability to adapt quickly to a high-growth, fast paced environment
• Ability to interact with senior management team to gather critical messages
• Outstanding presentation skills and strong attention to detail
• Understanding of financial statements and valuation models
• Understanding of SEC and FDA regulations impacting communications
• Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills are required
• Strong computer skills, specifically with developing PowerPoint presentations
• A doer, as comfortable with creating work product themselves as they are coordinating outside vendors
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package. Please submit a cover letter & resume. For further information about Xencor, please visit our website at www.xencor.com EOE