Xencor Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We have a very deep drug development pipeline including five programs currently in clinical testing with three more expected to start clinical testing by 1H2019 and have an excellent opportunity for a Director, Program and Alliance Management to join our team. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies that target new biological mechanisms and have the potential to be more potent, safer and longer lasting – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life. In addition to generating a pipeline of novel drug candidates, with eleven in clinical testing by Xencor or our partners, our XmAb® technology has enabled multiple collaborations with leading biopharmaceutical companies including Novartis, Amgen, Morphosys, CSL, Janssen(J&J), Alexion and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
We seek a Director, Program and Alliance Management to Management with 10 or more years of experience in biotechnology product development programs. The incumbent will oversee the project management of a portfolio of monoclonal antibody therapeutic candidates in oncology and autoimmune diseases by coordinating all aspects of development to advance assets from pre-clinical through all phases of clinical development.
Job Duties include:
• Develop project plans and deliver results while adhering to pre-determined budget and timelines.
• Understand the cross functional needs to advance a program through preclinical and clinical development stages.
• Influence functional team members to deliver on activities as necessary to achieve program goals
• Provide periodic status reports to executives and coordinate documentation and archiving of project deliverables.
• Build and drive a project team through clear designation of team roles, responsibilities, clear work scope and coordination of efforts.
• Communicate effectively across all functional groups so that schedules and scope of the project is clear.
• Provide alliance management support to one or more external partnerships
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• 10+ years’ experience in Program or Project Management in biotech or pharma
• Life Science MS or equivalent biotech industry experience required, MBA or PhD a plus
• Pre-IND to Phase 1/2 experience required, candidates with Phase 3 and commercial product experience will have a definite advantage
• Preferred areas of knowledge include oncology or autoimmune disease expertise, monoclonal antibody expertise, global IND/BLA requirements.
• Proven success with managing challenging, team-based problem solving and program tracking.
• Demonstrated ability and success using written and verbal communication skills to communicate complex scientific, medical and program issues
• Strongly detail oriented, but also values that details serve the higher level strategy
• Quick learner, confident and comfortable taking on new challenges and researching solutions with ease
Alliance experience preferred, or strong desire to learn alliance management skills
• Confident and professionally outspoken wile valuing and respecting functional SME’s.
• Ability to partner with cross-functional team from research, pre-clinical development, manufacturing, quality, regulatory and clinical development.
• Proven leadership, influencing capability and active facilitation skills to enable effective team meetings and high performance teams
• Outstanding flexibility and adaptability suited for the changing requirements and fast-pace of a small biotechnology company
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package. Please submit a cover letter & resume. For further information about Xencor, please visit our website at www.xencor.com EOE