Xencor is an innovative, clinical-stage biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to discover and develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies and other proteins with improved function – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life, and we have an excellent opportunity for a Manager/Sr. Manager, Bioinformatics to join our team.
Our protein engineering capabilities and the modular nature of our technology allow us to quickly identify and create new platforms and drug candidates for potential development. We are developing a broad portfolio enabled by the rapid expansion of our bispecific technologies, and nine XmAb bispecific antibodies and cytokines are in clinical testing. We also leverage our many XmAb technologies by engaging in multiple collaborations with leading global biopharmaceutical companies, including Novartis, Amgen and Genentech, among others. Including our partners, over a dozen XmAb drug candidates are advancing through clinical development, and the first antibody that incorporates an XmAb technology has been approved for commercial marketing worldwide.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
We seek a Bioinformatics Scientist to be responsible for biomarker-related aspects of study designs, analysis and reporting for biomarker endpoints, companion diagnostics development and collaborative analysis projects involving clinical development, Xencor research staff and external collaborators.
Core Responsibilities include:
• Candidate will support data analyses for pre-clinical programs and pre-IND and data management
• Perform data integration of various types of biomarker data (e.g. flow cytometry RNAseq, Nanostring) from Xencor preclinical cyno and mouse studies as well as clinical programs
• Integrate public data sources for internal data mining (e.g. CCLE, scRNAseq, TCGA etc.)
• Organize data from preclinical mouse datasets and design analyses
• Contribute to development of NGS data processing pipeline
• Build machine learning models for patient stratification using high dimensional data
• Provide timely and scientifically sound bioinformatics expertise to Pre-clinical research and clinical development teams evaluating biomarkers and companion diagnostics
• Contribute to the development of biomarker, pharmacodynamic and other specialty-lab sections of clinical protocols, including selection of assays and analysis endpoints and authorship of statistical sections of protocols
• Collaborate with clinical statisticians to transition biomarker analysis outputs into specifications for study tables, listings and figures (TLFs) for clinical study reports, publications and medical conference presentations as needed
• Perform analyses of biomarker data in support of presentations, publications, advanced and exploratory analyses and prototyping of outputs for clinical study reports
• Review data collection and sample management procedures for biomarker endpoints and reviews data transfer specifications to ensure that all data necessary to meet the biomarker-related objectives of the study are collected appropriately
• Represent bioinformatics as an ad-hoc member of clinical study teams as needed
• Curate preclinical and clinical biomarker data and design analyses and visualization on internal biomarker web portal and coordinate collaborations involving biomarker data
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Experience with R (preferred) or python programing
• Working knowledge of immunology and oncology
• Deep knowledge of high throughput molecular profiling and experience in mining “big OMICS data”
• Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, communication and decision-making skills
• Independent, innovative, and a creative thinker
• Ability to multi-task as needed in a dynamic environment
• Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, scientific rigor and drive
• Ph.D. with 3 years industry experiences or (master’s degree with 5 years industry experiences) in bioinformatics, computer science, statistics, mathematics, or a closely-related discipline.
• Experience with RShiny and RMarkdown framework and AWS is a plus.
• Hands-on experience with the bioinformatics analysis of flow cytometry, Cytof data analysis is a plus.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this position.
The physical demands of the office are normally association with extended amounts of time sitting and using office equipment, including a computer, keyboard and mouse, which can cause muscle strain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. Periodic light lifting of supplies and materials may apply. Work is performed in an office environment.
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package. Please submit a cover letter & resume. For further information about Xencor, please visit our website at www.xencor.com EOE
Xencor does not accept profiles or resumes from recruiting vendors without a binding written agreement.
Any unsolicited submission of services and or resumes in no way creates an obligation or duty by Xencor, implied or otherwise.
Your application was submitted successfully.