Xencor Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We have a fast-expanding clinical pipeline of promising therapeutic candidates, which creates an exciting opportunity for a Bioinformatics Scientist to join our team. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies that target new biological mechanisms and are more potent, safer and longer lasting – to improve patient outcomes and quality of life. In addition to generating a pipeline of novel drug candidates, with eleven in clinical testing by Xencor or our partners, our XmAb® technology has been validated through our collaborative agreements with leading biopharmaceutical companies including Novartis, Amgen, Morphosys, Merck, CSL, Janssen (J&J), Alexion and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees’ value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
We seek a Bioinformatics Scientist to be responsible for biomarker-related aspects of study designs, analysis and reporting for biomarker endpoints, companion diagnostics development and collaborative analysis projects involving clinical development, Xencor research staff and external collaborators.
Core Responsibilities include:
• Candidate will develop biomarker analysis plans in support of Xencor’s clinical portfolio, and conduct biomarker analyses or oversee their completion by external consultants or internal staff.
• Perform data integration of various types of biomarker data such as flow cytometry and transcriptomic data (e.g. RNAseq and Nanostring) from Xencor clinical trials, preclinical research and public data sources (TCGA, CCLE, scRNAseq etc.)
• Build machine learning models for patient stratification using high dimensional data
• Provide timely and scientifically sound bioinformatics expertise to Pre-clinical research and clinical development teams evaluating biomarkers and companion diagnostics
• Contribute to the development of biomarker, pharmacodynamic and other specialty-lab sections of clinical protocols, including selection of assays and analysis endpoints and authorship of statistical sections of protocols
• Collaborate with clinical statisticians to transition biomarker analysis outputs into specifications for study tables, listings and figures (TLFs) for clinical study reports, publications and medical conference presentations as needed
• Perform analyses of biomarker data in support of presentations, publications, advanced and exploratory analyses and prototyping of outputs for clinical study reports
• Review data collection and sample management procedures for biomarker endpoints and reviews data transfer specifications to ensure that all data necessary to meet the biomarker-related objectives of the study are collected appropriately
• Represent bioinformatics as an ad-hoc member of clinical study teams as needed
• Curate clinical biomarker endpoint data on internal biomarker web portal and coordinate collaborations involving biomarker data
• Experience with R (preferred) or python programing
• Working knowledge of immunology and oncology
• Deep knowledge of high throughput molecular profiling and experience in mining “big OMICS data”
• Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, communication and decision-making skills
• Independent, innovative, and a creative thinker
• Ability to multi-task as needed in a dynamic environment
• Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, scientific rigor and drive
Ph.D. with 3 years industry experiences or (master’s degree with 5 years industry experiences) in bioinformatics, computer science, statistics, mathematics, or a closely-related discipline.
Experience with RShiny and RMarkdown framework and AWS is a big plus.
Experience with analyzing flow cytometry and scRNAseq data is a plus.
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package. Please submit a cover letter & resume to email@example.com. For further information about Xencor, please visit our website at www.xencor.com
Xencor does not accept profiles or resumes from recruiting vendors without a prior, binding written agreement.
Any unsolicited submission of services and or resumes in no way creates an obligation or duty by Xencor, implied or otherwise.
Your application was submitted successfully.