Xencor is an innovative, clinical-stage biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to discover and develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies and other proteins with improved function – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life, and we have an excellent opportunity for a/an Procurement Supervisor to join our team.
Our capabilities and the modular nature of our technology allows us to quickly identify and create new platforms and drug candidates for potential development. We are developing a deep pipeline of novel drug candidates enabled by the rapid expansion of our bispecific technologies, and seven XmAb bispecific antibody programs are in clinical testing. We also leverage our many XmAb technologies by engaging in multiple collaborations with leading global biopharmaceutical companies, including Novartis, Amgen and Genentech, among others. Including our partners, over a dozen XmAb drug candidates are advancing through clinical development, and the first antibody that incorporates an XmAb technology has been approved for commercial marketing in the United States.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
Job Duties include:
• Supports Research, Preclinical, Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls (CMC), Clinical, and G&A teams with daily purchasing activities, including driving requisition and purchase order processes
• Assist Finance with budget management processes, as required for categories
• Analyze and track key terms in agreements; make recommendations to support future negotiations / contracts
• Establish metrics for strategic vendors and measure performance with respect to quality of work, cost, timelines, and other related parameters
• Provide input and feedback on high value procurement opportunities and support subsequent contracting activities
• Participate in process improvement or other projects that enhance and streamline outsourcing and contracting processes, systems, tools, and other resources
• Develop strong partnership relationships with key suppliers as well as other disciplines within the business
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, Engineering or related field
• Two to five (2-5) years related industry experience in biopharma / medical devices
• Understanding of the drug development process
• Considerable understanding of procure to pay process
• Proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
• Considerable and demonstrated financial acumen desirable
• Outstanding communication skills
• Ability to successfully function in a fast-paced environment
• Purchasing experience with lab consumables / services a plus
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package. Please submit a cover letter & resume. For further information about Xencor, please visit our website atwww.xencor.com EOE
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Xencor does not accept profiles or resumes from recruiting vendors without a binding written agreement.
Any unsolicited submission of services and or resumes in no way creates an obligation or duty by Xencor, implied or otherwise.