Xencor is an innovative, clinical-stage biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to discover and develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies and other proteins with improved function – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life, and we have an excellent opportunity for a/an Associate Scientist to join our team.
Our capabilities and the modular nature of our technology allow us to quickly identify and create new platforms and drug candidates for potential development. We are developing a deep pipeline of novel drug candidates enabled by the rapid expansion of our bispecific technologies, and seven XmAb bispecific antibody programs are in clinical testing. We also leverage our many XmAb technologies by engaging in multiple collaborations with leading global biopharmaceutical companies, including Novartis, Amgen and Genentech, among others. Including our partners, over a dozen XmAb drug candidates are advancing through clinical development, and the first antibody that incorporates an XmAb technology has been approved for commercial marketing in the United States.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
· Establish and conduct in vitro immunological assays to explore mechanisms of action and support development of clinical candidates with optimal pharmacologic properties
· Support and analyze translational and animal models assessing the efficacy and safety of biologic immunotherapies in preclinical and clinical development
· Use state-of-the-art high-throughput instrumentation to execute experiments with scientific rigor in a fast-paced, matrixed research environment
· Work both independently and in close collaboration with other scientists in the immunology group and across all research
· PhD in immunology or a related field, preferably with several years of relevant postdoc or industry experience
· Demonstrated research skills in immunology, cell biology, and preferably immuno-oncology
· Technical expertise in flow cytometry, with proficiency in data analysis using software including FACS Diva, FlowJo, Prism, and Excel
· Extensive experience in isolation and culture of primary human and mouse cells, including immune cells
· Broad hands-on experience in immunological techniques including T cell functional assays (e.g., activation, proliferation, target-cell killing, and cytokine responses)
For consideration, please include a cover letter and resume.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Xencor does not accept profiles or resumes from recruiting vendors without a binding written agreement.
Any unsolicited submission of services and or resumes in no way creates an obligation or duty by Xencor, implied or otherwise.
Your application was submitted successfully.