Xencor is an innovative, clinical-stage biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to discover and develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies and other proteins with improved function – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life, and we have an excellent opportunity for a/an [insert title] to join our team.
Our capabilities and the modular nature of our technology allow us to quickly identify and create new platforms and drug candidates for potential development. We are developing a deep pipeline of novel drug candidates enabled by the rapid expansion of our bispecific technologies, and seven XmAb bispecific antibody programs are in clinical testing. We also leverage our many XmAb technologies by engaging in multiple collaborations with leading global biopharmaceutical companies, including Novartis, Amgen and Genentech, among others. Including our partners, over a dozen XmAb drug candidates are advancing through clinical development, and the first antibody that incorporates an XmAb technology has been approved for commercial marketing in the United States.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
We seek a Associate Director/Director of Translational Biology, with title commensurate with experience to drive the biomarker analysis in clinical biospecimens in clinical studies using Xencor bispecific antibodies (T cell engagers, checkpoints, targeted and engineered cytokines).
Job Duties include:
- Candidate will lead development and execution of biomarker plans in the Xencor portfolio, joining a vibrant interactive data-driven team of scientists and clinicians. Candidate will be responsible for development of biomarker plans and clinical biomarker data analysis, interpretation, and presentation to internal and external stakeholders.
- The candidate would report to the VP Translational Biology and would build a team of biomarker leads over the next two years.
- The Director/Associate Director, Translational Biology, commensurate with experience and qualifications, acts as an independent scientist responsible for coordinating the analysis of genomics/transcriptomics/immunobiological data for preclinical studies and clincal studies.
- This person interacts with all members of the Translational Biology, Biometrics, Pre-Clinical and Clinical Development teams, and is accountable for the oversight and quality of analysis of immunobiological data (flow cytometry/multiplex immunofluorescence/cytokines) for clinical samples and genomics/transcriptomics data for pre-clinical science and clinical samples. Responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Plan, implement and manage biomarker projects with outside laboratories
- Champion analysis of genomics/transcriptomics for tumor biopsies and peripheral blood samples
- Participate with preclinical projects that require genomic/transcriptomic analysis of cultured cells or tissues/blood from animal models
- Lead contact on high dimensional data sets, e.g., transcriptomics of clinical trials
- Ensure that clinical biomarker data is scientifically rigorous and supports clinical development
- Manage a shared biostatistician with expertise in programming for high dimensional data sets, e.g., transcriptomics/genomics dataPresent pre-clinical data and the relevant literature at internal meetings
- Effectively manage projects as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Contribute to publications and presentations
- Represent supported projects at scientific conferences
- Leads interactions with investigators and cooperative groups
- Attends 3-4 scientific meeting or off-site meetings per year
- Other duties as assigned
- Deep understanding of complex cellular signaling pathways
- Data review, writing and interpretation
- Ability to work effectively with a cross-functional study team
- Ability to manage multiple (3-5) projects simultaneously, set and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyse complex flow cytometric data, transcriptomics (including Nanostring and RNAseq) and multiplex immunofluorescence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that ae required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Advanced Clinical/Science Degree (e.g. PharmD, PhD, Postdoctoral)
- Experience in pre-clinical/translational drug discovery, demonstrated strong achievements in academic and industry settings
- Minimum 5 years pre-clinical development experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, 2 years may be sufficient for candidates with translational postdoctoral experience
- Knowledge of international regulations pertinent to current clinical development (eg ICH, FDA, EMA)
- Ability to analyse complex flow cytometric data (FloJo), transcriptomics (including Nanostring and RNAseq) and multiplex immunofluorescence
- Understanding of immunobiology and eagerness to work with clinical immunoncology data
- Highly advanced oral, writing and presentations skills
- Organized and able to set/meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team of people with different backgrounds and seniority levels
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package. Please submit a cover letter & resume. For further information about Xencor, please visit our website at www.xencor.com EOE
Xencor does not accept profiles or resumes from recruiting vendors without a binding written agreement.
Any unsolicited submission of services and or resumes in no way creates an obligation or duty by Xencor, implied or otherwise.