Xencor is an innovative, clinical-stage biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to discover and develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies and other proteins with improved function – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life, and we have an excellent opportunity for a/an [insert title] to join our team.
Our capabilities and the modular nature of our technology allow us to quickly identify and create new platforms and drug candidates for potential development. We are developing a deep pipeline of novel drug candidates enabled by the rapid expansion of our bispecific technologies, and seven XmAb bispecific antibody programs are in clinical testing. We also leverage our many XmAb technologies by engaging in multiple collaborations with leading global biopharmaceutical companies, including Novartis, Amgen and Genentech, among others. Including our partners, over a dozen XmAb drug candidates are advancing through clinical development, and the first antibody that incorporates an XmAb technology has been approved for commercial marketing in the United States.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
We are seeking an Analytical Scientist to join our Protein Sciences group to develop and implement cutting edge biophysical technologies for characterization and evaluation of early development leads, as well as support mid-stage development programs. The candidate is expected to bring in new technological perspective and capabilities to enhance our understanding of developability of therapeutic leads.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and passionate about developing large molecule therapeutics. This is an exciting opportunity to impact our drug development process and pipeline. Candidates should have a demonstrated record of technical proficiency and scientific creativity, and an ability to work effectively with other talented scientists.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
• Develop and conduct protein analytical experiments to elucidate and establish the quality attributes of therapeutics leads.
• Support protein sciences team to identify and solve purification/characterization problems.
• Establish Mass-Spectroscopy based analytical setup for protein characterization (intact mass, peptide maps, glycosylation and other PTM variants).
• Communicate/present data to team members and senior management, and share knowledge and expertise of analytical technologies at cross-functional team meetings.
• Document experimental protocols, design and details in an electronic laboratory notebook; contribute to preparation of characterization reports and regulatory submission sections.
• Provide technical and supervisory assistance to Research Associates.
• PhD in biophysical chemistry or related discipline with 2+ years of post-doctoral training in analytical protein characterization. Prior work experience in biopharmaceutical industry is highly desired.
• Demonstrated expertise in protein analytical techniques including LC/MS, UHPLC, DSC, DLS, cIEF, CE-SDS for biomolecular evaluation is a must.
• Broad understanding of biologics process development, assessment of quality attributes and stability/formulation evaluations is required.
• Familiarity with protein engineering, structural biology and post-translational modifications present in recombinant therapeutics would be beneficial.
• Expertise with variety of software used for data acquisition, analysis and presentation is expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package. Please submit a cover letter & resume. For further information about Xencor, please visit our website at www.xencor.com EOE
Xencor does not accept profiles or resumes from recruiting vendors without a binding written agreement.
Any unsolicited submission of services and or resumes in no way creates an obligation or duty by Xencor, implied or otherwise.