Project Coordinator, Preclinical
Xencor Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We have a very deep drug development pipeline including six programs currently in clinical testing with two more expected to start clinical testing by 1H2019 and have an excellent opportunity for a Project Coordinator to join our team. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies that target new biological mechanisms and have the potential to be more potent, safer and longer lasting – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life. In addition to generating a pipeline of novel drug candidates, with eleven in clinical testing by Xencor or our partners, our XmAb® technology has enabled multiple collaborations with leading biopharmaceutical companies including Novartis, Amgen, Morphosys, CSL, Janssen(J&J), Alexion and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
• Preclinical department liaison to Finance and coordinator of functional budget, contracts, and invoices. Reviews documents and ensures compliance to corporate policies.
• Establish and manage program timelines for Preclinical in vivo and bioanalytical projects. Liaison to Xencor Program & Alliance Management.
• Document manager for outsourced projects and the Xencor contracts database. Liaise and assist external contractors (e.g. LabConnect, Statisticians) in navigating Xencor systems and procedures.
• Preclinical department process owner and implementation specialist for sourcing. Procurement agent for specialty materials and services (e.g. disease matrix; rare assays and animal models).
• Preclinical department supplier management process owner and governance meeting manager.
• Support Xencor Sample Management material distribution, disposition, and other request processes, as needed.
• Participate in and/or lead operational process improvements and implementation specialist for Smartsheet.
• At least 3 years’ experience in the Pharma/Biotechnology industry with at least 1 year of pharmaceutical drug development experience from a project/program coordinator perspective
• Strong business acumen in project planning and management, finance, and contracts
• Demonstrated in depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and the drug development and approval process required.
• Extensive intermediate to advanced computer skills (Smartsheet, Power Point, Excel, Word, MS Project, SharePoint).
• Proven drug development program management experience in the Research to Early Development stage and ability to develop detailed integrated program plans.
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or other related scientific area
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit a cover letter & resume. For further information about Xencor, please visit our website at www.xencor.com EOE